On First Page Inc - Tulsa, OK
SEO Internet Marketing, Web Design, Social Media Marketing
PHONE: (918) 851-9548
What Can You Do To Increase Traffic To Your Website?
Driving traffic to your website isn't the only thing you need to do in order to have high page rankings on the internet but it sure helps!
We want to give you several practical tips you can do that will drive more internet traffic to your website.
Practical Suggestions You Can Do Right Now
Here are some practical things you can do to help draw traffic to your church website. These will not take the place of SEO & SEM but can get you headed in the right direction as you work together with an SEO & SEM marketing plan.
1. Add a short signature to all of your outgoing email messages. This should include your company or church name, your address, and your telephone number and email address. Your email program can automatically add this signature to all your outgoing mail. Ask all of your staff to set up their email signature with your web address as well.
2. Make sure you include your domain name in all your printed communication and marketing materials: bulletins, business cards, letterhead, envelopes, newsletters, flyers, Yellow Page ads, newspaper ads, brochures, window signage, bumper stickers. These things can bring your website a lot of added exposure and traffic. Be sure to add this to your outdoor signage as well.
3. If you distribute promotional items such as pens, mouse pads, t-shirts, etc., make sure your domain name is part of the address block on any printed item.
4. Use your after-hours voice mail system to invite visitors to go to your website. Be sure to clearly say your church or company website address in your outgoing message, spelling it out if necessary.
5. Whenever an opportunity for publicity arises - an interview, guest speaking, a booth at a conference, a community event - mention your church website in a way that suggests that everyone should know about it and visit it. Get everyone in your organization to do the same.
6. Use your website as you would any brochure. When people want to know more about your church, always point them to your website. This will give them a good idea of who you are and what you are all about. And, the great advantage of your website over any brochure is that you can easily update it at anytime.
7. Plan a promotional campaign around the launch of your church website. You may want to hang a large banner on your building promoting your website. You may want to submit a press release to your local newspaper - or pass out flyers. Many of Internet's biggest online companies such as Google, Yahoo, Amazon and Expedia are the result of their use of traditional advertising.
8. Contact owners of businesses in your community who have websites and ask them to link to you. Make sure to let them know you will link back to them.
9. If you are a church, ask loyal church members who have access to the Internet to invite their friends to visit your website by email. Tell them they can send a hyperlink in an email that will take their guest directly to your church website.
10. Get in touch with your denomination and make sure your church website URL address is listed on your denomination's website.
11. List your website on the community directories of the local Chamber of Commerce or real estate agencies in your community.
12. Make sure your website is the home page on all of your office computers. Make a public announcement asking all of your employees who so desire to do the same.
13. When making verbal announcements do not give all of the details. Finish announcements by saying something like, “for more information, be sure to log on to our website.”
These practical solutions will help drive more traffic to your website. Try some of them or all of them and you will see results!
If you are serious about internet marketing for your church or business, let us design a marketing plan customized just click on the email link below.